Monday, November 22, 2010

Exercise Spotlight: SIT-UPS

SIT-UPS are a really important part of GETTING RIPPED, because they help to make your middle part stronger.  There's lots of exercises for your middle part AND arms, or for your middle part AND legs.  But since the arms and legs are connected to it, a lot of times the middle part is just getting their left-over exercise.  That's why there's S.U.s.

SIT-UPS are the ONLY exercise that focuses on JUST the middle part.

".....But I don't have anybody to hold my feet!  Now I'll NEVER get ripped!"


Don't worry, all you loners out there!  That's why I invented

The Muscle Buddy can't be found in stores, but it's super easy to make.  I used wood for the parts, and screws to hold it together (email me if you need help).  You just slide the flat part under a door (or something else heavy, but make sure it's not gonna fall over on you, you can't get ripped if you're dead), stick your toes in the gap on the other end, and BANG OUT SOME REPS!!!!  Here's what it looks like:

Start out with your shoulders and back FLAT on the floor (Step 1), then just SIT UP (Step 2)!  Then slowly lower yourself ALL THE WAY back down until your back is FLAT on the floor again.  Then repeat!  Don't forget to breatheIn or out on the way up, out or in on the way down.


One thing to look out for with S.U.s:


If you've got your hands behind your head, you're using your arms to help pull your body up into the sitting position.  Instead, just keep your hands next to but not touching your ears, as if you were holding an imaginary pair of large ear-muffs there.  That way, you are ONLY exercising your middle part.

For now, I can do about 15 of these in a row.  I'm trying to push my limit gradually, because there's a lot of important stuff in your middle part and I don't want to mess anything up by overdoing it.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???  GO TRY SOME S.U.s RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment