Tuesday, November 30, 2010

GET RIPPED challenge #3: DON'T BE A WIENER

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!  
You've been following the GET RIPPED program for a couple weeks now, and you've met the first two CHALLENGES:

1.) Stop eating something bad, start eating something good.
2.) Start doing one exercise on a regular basis.

Now it's time to focus on the MOST IMPORTANT part of the Essential Triangle of Getting Ripped:  NOT BEING A WIENER

"...but I don't think I'm being a wiener...how do I know for sure????????"

There are many ways to answer this question, but for now let's use this simple guideline:

Anytime you do something that you know is bad for you
or don't do something that you know is good for you
YOU ARE BEING A WIENER.

Here's an example from my personal life:


Until I founded the GET RIPPED system, I never used to floss...even though I KNEW that I should!  The few times that I did try doing it, my gums bled!  Plus, I never could figure out how to hold the floss and get it in between all my teeth and stuff.

BUT THEN I DECIDED TO QUIT BEING SUCH A WIENER ABOUT IT.

I just kept trying, and the more I did it, the better I got at it, and you know what else?  My gums don't bleed anymore either!  Now it's part of my daily routine, and that's good because ORAL HYGIENE is an important part of GETTING RIPPED! 

Your third GET RIPPED CHALLENGE is not to stop being a wiener.  That's way too hard to do all at once.  To tell you the truth, I myself am still more of a wiener than I would care to admit.  In fact, NONE of us will EVER be 100% non-wiener.  The best we can hope for is to be LESS of a wiener today than we were yesterday.  This takes hard work, and it also takes a hard look in the mirror.  So HERE is your THIRD GET RIPPED CHALLENGE:

Make a list of the things you do that you know are bad for you (a.k.a. bad habits)
and
Make a list of the things that are good for you that you could do (a.k.a. good habits)

Examples of BAD HABITS:  Drinking, Smoking, Doing Drugs, Fighting, Nail Biting, Nose Picking, Watching Too Much TV, Texting While Driving, Getting Angry About Dumb Stuff, Eating Bad, Bragging, Gossiping, Procrastinating, Complaining, Spending Money On Dumb Stuff, etc.

Examples of GOOD HABITS:  Eating Right, Exercising, Spending Time With Your Family, Reading Books, Getting Chores Done, Saving Money, Being Interested In Others, Paying Attention To The News, Being Polite To Strangers, Being Creative, Being Active, Thinking, Learning, Flossing, etc.

...I'm not even saying you have to STOP all your bad habits and START a bunch of good habits, all you gotta do for now is WRITE 'EM DOWN!

IS THAT SO HARD???????  ARE YOU GONNA GIVE UP, OR ARE YOU GONNA GET RIPPED????

No comments:

Post a Comment